20091015

SHE_LOOKED BEAUTIFULLY, DARK



Friends of friends get united. We all go, together, to have a drink. We seat, look, think, feel and then, as we finish this long process of-life, we each take a drink. Clumsy as ever, I collect a pound from each of my dearest friends, and a couple more from the richest (virtual empowered money is something to be loved!). My objective is to reach those eight lengthy pounds, resorting a fine fancy Caipirinha. For some reason, there is this lad standing at my right side of my vision-coup, and he looks a lot less clumsy than I do. He is eating some sort-of good-looking fast food, served along with salsa sauce. By the way he stares at places, people and employees, one could assume he has been familiar with it prior to our meeting. His name is Allan, and as fascinating and unexpected, he offers a round of drinks for each of us, that including even the richest of my friends -- "It's fine mate. I appreciate the offer, but it's far too expensive for a single person to cover!" -- Me and my lame attempts to persuade someone against my will, are as always, a granted failure. He says it is fine, he has extra pounds (I would say that if I could!) and he can afford it. As he goes through the billing, every bottle seems more shiny than ever. After all, I am here, seating, with my friends, enjoying what life has of good to give.

At this point, I realize there is this girl standing on my left side. She is French, and she drinks a nameless (memory failure!) cocktail -- "Who is she? Ah, she is friend of a friend, so is she a friend? Yes, let her be." -- We chat. Not just me and her, but everyone else as well. Oh this, oh that, and amid-words Portuguese, French, Italian and English are spoken. They fervidly talk, about nearly everything, it resonates in me and her over and over. It was about time, we did it. We started the patience game, that one where you glance at each other's eyes (or faces, depends on how deep you want to go!) and try not to smile. Black-out -- "Her eyes are so beautiful. Not just that, she's getting a bit of me. Did I gave her permission to? Let it be, let her be a friend. I want her to keep looking." -- Eventually, I win. I win, not a game over her but a new cartoon-person in my life. Everyone keeps talking, and as time goes by, everything becomes chaotically louder, but it is still only Her and Me. We aren't in love, or even thinking about it. We are simply reaching each other in ways words can hardly describe. I wish her, and she does to -- "Dann, time to go? It's 3:45AM already, and I'm working tomorrow!" -- "Err..yeah, let...us go - ! - Bye, I'll see you..." -- And it finishes there.

As I go through the steps, I look back, and she does too. I smile, she smiles back, and as we turn back, we keep smiling. It has not finished. Neither of us wanted it to finish. We know we'll meet some other day -- "What was her name? Dann, think Dann! Did you even ask? How rude of you!" -- We will meet some other day.




The pictures were taken with a Lomo 4x Camera. My friend had the audacity of opening the camera whilst the film was inside and being used, thus the number of pictures that survived this up-raged assault are as few as four, at the most. Entirely, and in a proper material condition, only one did. FYI, I should have new pictures coming in two/four days, as well.

Tvj

2 comments:

essedesara said...

Espero que haja um desenvolvimento na história; ansiosa pela continuação.

Btw, nice layout!
always, your #1 fan *

saxandlax7 said...

This is one of my favorite pieces that you have written.
and i'd like to point out that I am your numero uno fan